· 1 Tbsp butter
· ½ onion
· Optional – 1 clove garlic
· 1 cup rice (arborio preferred, but just use what you have on hand)
· 1 cup white wine, chicken or vegetable stock
· 3 cups water
· 1 small bunch spinach
· 1 cup cream, or sour cream
· Optional – ¼ cup parmesan cheese
· Salt and pepper
In a large pot melt the butter. Finely dice and add onion and garlic. Cook on medium heat until they are becoming clear. Add the rice, stir for a few seconds to coat each grain with butter. Add wine or stock. Bring to a boil and let half of the liquid evaporate. In the meantime, blend the water with spinach as if you are making a water and spinach smoothie. Add this mixture approximately ¼ cup at a time, stirring well. This should take about 15 minutes.
Add the cream or sour cream and salt and pepper to taste. Stir and keep cooking approx. 10 minutes until the rice is done. Serve with parmesan cheese, if using.